View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2020 at 02:17 AM

Please forgive me I don't have grandkids but I have grand-dogs! I like to send them gifts. My son and his gal will send me photos when they catch the dogs playing with the stuff I send.

The point is...gifts are symbolic. They represent give and take. Sending love, receiving love.

For some reason these people don't get that. If they gave the gift to the child immediately, and said "Look, look what Granny sent" and acted all excited the child would begin to have a sense of this love coming to him from afar and he might even begin to recognize who the sender is. This builds bonds.

That's my take for what it's worth.

You can keep doing what you want. Call me crazy but your love will still travel to him if you are thinking about him and choosing a special gift. My son does not remember his grandparents who spoiled him and showered him with love from afar. Not just with gifts...but how they always kept him in their hearts. Their love is a part of him. So it doesn't matter what he remembers specifically. He was greatly loved as a child and he is a very loving adult. (Who always sends me thank you notes!)

Whatever you do with love will have an impact.

Congrats on becoming a Grand Mama!

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*