View Single Post
koru_kiwi
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2020 at 02:37 AM

have you ever considered trying neurofeedback therapy? all those conditions you listed are ones that neurofeedback can help address.

i did neurofeedback with a practitioner while i continued working with my talk T to address my CPTSD/developmental trauma. for me, neurofeedback helped when talk therapy alone failed to address my trauma symptoms. before the neurofeedback, i was usually leaving my talk therapy sessions quite triggered and severely dissociated. i was making very little positive progress over the many years addressing my trauma and the accompanying symptoms, and actually my symptoms were becoming more exasperated, to the point where i was staring to contemplate SU as my only way of ever experiencing any relief from my despair. the neurofeedback helped to calm my anxiety and overall fears and also settled my emotional dysregulation so i could start actually doing the talk therapy with out becoming overly triggered (hyper-aroused with fear). i made significant progress in my healing once i started doing the neurofeedback. thankfully, i experienced significant improvements within the first few weeks of starting...it quite literally saved my life at that desperate time.

Bessel van der Kolk talks about neurofeedback for addressing trauma in his book, 'The Body Keeps the Score'. that is where i first learned about it. some practitioners even offer neurofeedback remotely and that may be an option for you during these covid times.
these sites may be of some help:
ISNR | International Society for Neurofeedback & Research | Neurofeedback Training and Educational Support
FAQ | Sebern Fisher
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Val12

Thanks for this!
Val12