Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2020 at 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodk View Post
I feel as if all of my life is and has been a lie. I don't think I have conversations anymore, those with just myself included, where I tell the whole truth. I want to speak the truth, my truth, and unload years of repressed feelings. I'm afraid, though. I'm afraid that once I do unload this mental baggage that everything I've accumulated, good and bad, will cease to be.

I'll lose my marriage, my family, my career. Fortunately I don't have many friends so that's a win, right?

I don't know what you repressed so I do not know if you should unload your troubles to your family and the people you work with but I do agree you need to talk to someone. Family, friend, therapist, psychiatrist, the PC community? For me, when I didn't talk openly about some of the things troubling me, there was a mental illness issue involved. One of my medications helped enable me to talk about the issue more rationally. It is important to discuss what is bothering us and be truthful with our spouses and those who are treating our mental illness (I assume you may have one because you are posting here) but we are more likely to have healing conversations if we get ourselves into a stable frame of mind. I have experienced paranoia in the past. I needed to "come clean" with my spouse about my fears about him but was only able to successfully do that after my medications brought me out of the panic and fear that was playing tricks on my mind. However, talking openly to my spouse was so, so important! Marriage has little meaning if you can't be open to each other. However, I can get into frames of mind where my conversations are quite unproductive. I have slowly begun to learn when the problem is me. However, sometimes the problem is them and when I am rationale, it is easy for me to see when the problem is them or me. One of my past problems was confusing my emotions and problems with the emotions and problems of others. We all have problems!

I don't know if any of this made sense or is helpful. Just putting it out there in case something applies.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Nammu, neodk