View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jul 08, 2020 at 09:24 PM

Hi PinkandBlue,

Wow. I'm sorry your first marriage counseling session went so poorly. Your counselor, Mr. Rodgers, doesn't sound very connected to reality if he didn't call out your husband's abusive behaviors to you as well, abusive. The whole point of group therapy is to be held accountable for our behaviors with each other. That's why my family therapy session with my mother and siblings didn't last more than 6 sessions; they didn't like it when the family therapist called out their behavior to them in context to how it made me feel. So, they all quit and the therapy was forced to end, so our toxic family system has never been repaired.

I'm not sure why Mr. Rodgers thought to bring attention to your communication style, yet didn't do that for your husband. That isn't very fair in my eyes. It sounds like a waste of time to force you and your husband to acknowledge each other every morning and every evening in a formal, repressed way. Hmmm. Not sure about this marriage counselor. Sounds stodgy, this Mr. Rodgers. I hope it helps though -- the daily morning/evening greetings with your husband. And I hope the second therapy session goes better.

Oh, I emailed my dislocated workers supervisor to ask that he remove me from the program as a client, as my employment counselor has not helped me find a job. I've lost total faith in county programs as a result. Yuck. I wrote a rant/thread about it in the work forum.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote