View Single Post
Faechild

Member Since Jul 2020
2 hugs
given
Post Jul 08, 2020 at 11:24 PM

Hello all, I'm a newbie here, so please go easy on me! I just needed to get something off my chest, but I'm also looking for some feedback and advice if anybody has any to offer. I guess you could call it a semi-rhetorical question. My question is, how on earth am I supposed to make friends with people when they're always either on their phones or laptops, or chatting with someone else? I suffer from social anxiety (obviously, since I'm on a SA thread lol) and I find it very difficult to make new friends, partly because it seems like people around me are always either busy or distracted. I want to make friends, but it's hard when most people are either already talking to someone else or when they're focused on their phones/tablets/laptops. I'm afraid of being a burden or annoying people, and so I can't just walk up to them and start talking to them. Even if they act nice, I fear that they're just being polite and humoring me, when really on the inside they're annoyed with me and wish I would leave them alone. It's frustrating, because as I said, I want to make friends. *sigh* Why is making friends so hard? Am I the only one who feels this way? What can I do to counteract this?
Faechild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, Skeezyks