Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 09, 2020 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Any ear buds would work. Don’t know why I suggested noise cancelling ones. It was random. I don’t have any, just plain ones, I am paranoid I won’t hear something of importance lol I just know other people like noise cancelling ones.

I am glad they let you use conference room!!!

Oh I know they charge for everything arm and a leg and tenants pay for all that, better the areas more expensive all the extras. I still take that over paying thousands of dollars for house repairs! House that’s only nominally belongs to an “owner”, really it belongs to the bank.

Charge for the elevator. I am not even surprised. Insanity.

I was just trying to help re ear phones, I wasn’t implying anything.

Was actually surprised...went on Amazon and now they have cheap noise cancelling earphones. Used to be they were about $200 but now they have them for $40. I practically live in earbuds as am noise sensitive. I like them because they reduce but don't fully cut noise.

I was most interested to hear about others and if they accidentally damaged something in their apartment.

The worst ever story I know is when my son was in college he moved into an old building in a big city. The people above him had a party and a few people crammed out on the rickety metal fire escape - probably for a smoke. It gave way and they fell to their deaths! Everyone was immediately evacuated and housed somewhere else. The building was closed off (for official inspection) for weeks. My son couldn't get back into his apartment and lived in the same clothes, with only his computer and phone! But at least he was safe. A mother's worse nightmare that one was! Can't protect your kids forever. Horrible thing. Life (and death)...can be so random.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote