LilyMop
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Well, I researched online, found one organization and contacted the Director by email to ask questions. I decided that I will find our marriage counselor myself. I want to make sure that we see someone who is experienced in working with abusive spouses, in counseling people who are being abused, and who is astute to abuse tactics. So, I don't mind doing the legwork myself to identify the right marriage counselor. I refuse to waste money and time with someone who has no experience with abuse. I also prefer a PhD Psychologist and not a social worker. My experience with social workers has been very very poor and beyond disappointing. I will only trust a legit PhD. Don't knock me for that. It's what I prefer and need.

I agree with you about social workers. I have worked with them in my job for more than 23 years. I would not go to a social worker for counseling either.

It’s too bad your husband can’t be involved with choosing a marriage counselor. I guess since you are initiating counseling, he probably expects you will find somebody and he will just go along.

This is a tough situation. Do you also see a counselor for just you? It sounds like you really need the support.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope