Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMop View Post
I agree with you about social workers. I have worked with them in my job for more than 23 years. I would not go to a social worker for counseling either.

It’s too bad your husband can’t be involved with choosing a marriage counselor. I guess since you are initiating counseling, he probably expects you will find somebody and he will just go along.

This is a tough situation. Do you also see a counselor for just you? It sounds like you really need the support.
Thanks.

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but social workers I feel do not have the proper training. And I've seen many social workers in my life.

I do have my own therapist thankfully. And yes, I do need a lot of support through this.

I don't mind doing the legwork at all. It's far more important to me that I find a really good therapist who has experience with abusers. My husband wouldn't be any use in identifying a good therapist himself. He probably does expect me to find one, but it doesn't bother me too much. What matters most is that he does the work and takes full ownership of his problems. I need to see actual changes in his behaviors and attitude. That's what matters. And I do have far more experience than he does with therapy and with therapists, so there's that aspect too. I think he's only seen a counselor once in his entire life. I've probably seen at least 20. LOL.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LilyMop