Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Jul 10, 2020 at 02:40 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Need to decompress and get clarity on what I need to do next

C. Go for it. What’s on your mind?

M. I’m upset about the call with M and that he ignored my email. Really pisses me off.

C. Why?

M. For one, it’s f’ing rude.

C. What else? Why does this bother you? What’s the self-talk? What are you imagining?

M. Great question. The self-talk is: M thinks I’m a loser. He doesn’t want to work with me. He’s upset with me because I didn’t give him content he wanted. I’m imagining that he spoke with C and D and they told him to ignore me.

C. So, you’re afraid that S, overall, no longer wants to work with you, right?

M. Yes, that’s the bigger issue. I feel that they think I’m a nobody compared to other companies they’re working with.

C. Let me ask a few more questions.

M. Okay

C. If I’m not mistaken, your last conversation and interactions with D and C and the Flo’s was actually quite positive, right?

M. I suppose

C. Didn’t D send you a very positive email from D complimenting you on the document you sent?

M. That’s true

C. Didn’t C send you a chat note saying “Nice job” after you showed him the product?

M. That’s also true

C. Didn’t he also make an intro to a key executive at S?

M. That’s also true

C. Also, didn’t D send you a thank you note?

M. Yes

C. Also, didn’t the Flo’s send you a very friendly response?

M. That’s also true

C. As much as you want to be in good standing with M, aren’t D and C the true decision-makers?

M. That’s true

C. Isn’t it also possible that if you create a PM-enabled PN that you’ll be able to work with him again?

M. That’s a good point.

C. So, based on all this, my advice is that you work on the PN tool today. Make that your priority. Work on that then come back later, okay?

M. Okay

C. Was this helpful?

M. Definitely. Thanks for letting me vent and decompress.

C. Great. Talk later.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*