View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2020 at 06:06 AM

I did ask him what's the difference this time for him. He said he was able to see and view his behavior objectively and not from a defensive standpoint, which means he truly listened to my viewpoint.

I told him last night that he truly needs to be able to commit to therapy and to change. He said he is willing to do what it takes.

Now I have to see if his behavior matches his words. Therapy isn't going to be easy. Change is not easy.

The other night he accommodated my need to watch our expenses, especially the electric bill when using our air conditioner units. Instead of leaving all 3 units on all night, he turned a couple of them off. Then he told me if the bill goes up, he'll pay for it himself.

He is trying, and I do see that.

Trust me, I am skeptical too, and I know there's many issues to tackle. I cannot overwhelm him with all the changes that need to be made. That's why I say one step at a time.

The pot I feel is a lesser issue in comparison that I don't need to address unless we're traveling, which we're not.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote