MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2020 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
His behavior is certainly immature from what you described, but it’s also very abusive and dangerous. These fights are traumatizing for your children who are helpless victims.
This is the second time a scenerio like this has played out in front of the kids. It is traumatizing. Immature? I don't know. Unstable, for sure.

Quote:
His habit of threatening to call the police on you and saying you are assaulting him would be enough to have me figure out how to end this abusive relationship and do what is best for my kids, if this were me.
This is the first time he's threatened to call the police or social services on me. It's why I'm feeling traumatized. It was over the top.. completely blown out of proportion. He was in his head.. in fight/flight mode. He wasn't seeing the situation as it was. This is what scares me.

Quote:
I’d also be very worried about him having even partial custody of the kids without me being there to protect them, too. So, I do understand the incredibly stressful situation you are in.
He's not physically aggressive. Most of the abuse are covert. I'm more concerned he'll turn the kids against me.

Quote:
There is also the point of protective services being called in over the abuse happening in front of the kids.
Against a compulsive liar? That would be dangerous for me.

Quote:
You know him best. Is he as dangerous as he sounds?
The danger lies within the compulsive lying, the manipulations, the campaign smearing, etc.. to convince everyone that the children are best to live with him.

Last edited by MsLady; Jul 11, 2020 at 02:49 PM..
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote