View Single Post
Zoeing

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Jul 11, 2020 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revu2 View Post
Ta Da! Got my first of two shingle vaccine shots. I'd been waiting for a lull in my schedule and noticed that from Friday to Monday I didn't have much booked.

Ta Da! Friday was a listless day. I had to restrain myself from making just a few notes.

Today: already I've completed week 6 of the well-being class on Coursera. Next is four weeks of picking one of her rewirements and keeping at it for a month. Here's the list:
  • Signature Strengths - using your top character strengths in new ways
  • Savoring - taking time to savor the things you enjoy
  • Gratitude - (List and/or Letter) - expressing gratitude for the people and things in your life
  • Kindness - increasing your acts of kindness
  • Social Connection - making connections with strangers and acquaintances along with scheduling time for the people in your life
  • Exercise - increasing your physical activity to at least 30 minutes a few times a week
  • Sleep - making sure you sleep at least 7 hours a night several times a week
  • Meditation - meditating for 5-10 minutes if you are a beginner or increasing your time in meditation if you already meditate regularly

I think I'll roll with gratitude, but I want to sit with this decision a day before committing.
Revu2

Oh hey! I know which class it is! I've completed it earlier and it was mind opening. It gives me a new perspective and now I'm putting it in practice. I can't say I'm new to meditation but it still has to yet work on me. I set my phone up so I can do 5-6 deep breathes every hour, and a meditation at night before bed. So far so good I guess. Does it help you?

Yeah..I'm taking measly steps everyday, too, both on my well-being and the creative side of my career. It's not easy. I'm naturally an impatient person and everything is testing my grit. I tend to get easily upset, irritated. Anger issues?

Initially I see this thread and wanted to rant a bit. Today's a cloudy rainy day mixed in a bit of thunder. Been staying home so much that I'm grumpy at everybody around me, now no one wants to talk to me. See, still have a long way to go with those meditations...
Zoeing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote