View Single Post
GottaBMe

Member Since Jul 2020
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 13, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Hi - I am also "older" and embarking on divorce. I was married 27 years, but felt lonely and isolated while married. I finally decided that I'd rather feel lonely being alone than endure the hurtfulness of feeling lonely while married. People have second chances at love all the time, and more and more people are getting divorced and remarried in their 50s, 60s and even 70s. Don't give up!! Keep offering hope to yourself and remind yourself daily of your beautiful qualities, inside and out. When you love yourself, you create space for someone else to love you too.
Ending a relationship is never easy, and I think we assume that if we've made it past a certain number of years that we're "home free." But a bad relationship is not healthy, no matter what your age is. Maybe you can join groups that do things that you enjoy, like hiking, nature walks, knitting or other craft work, singing, etc. Whatever you enjoy, just go do it. I know it's difficult with the pandemic right now, but maybe start looking for online groups or find things to join up with when this is over.
In the meantime, take really good care of yourself!! We'll all get through this : )
GottaBMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MrMoose