View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,041 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM

They have started to let two less populous regions with low levels of cases to open some things like restaurants and movie theaters as of today.

Here in the Metropolitan Region we are far from that. In fact I read something that some mayors are asking the curfew to be extended for more hours. Basically from 10 PM to 5 PM we have very strict curfew where you can only be out in cases of being an essential employee or similar. The rest of the time we are under lockdown where you can use your 2 permits a week to go out. Now they want curfew of 5 AM to 6 PM during the week and 5 AM to 3 PM on weekends. Of course, as usual, the journalists here suck. Half the time they say this will apply to greater Santiago (Santiago Province). The other times they say it would be for the whole Metropolitan Region (5 additional provinces, including the province where I live). They act like those terms are interchangeable, but they are not. They need to read a map. I hope it is restricted to Santiago. The thing is, if they do that, then supermarkets, etc. are going to be more crowded, which could lead to more virus spread. Already supermarkets in some parts of Santiago have cut their hours (closing at 3 PM in some places) and my friends say there are always lines to get in. That hasn't happened here yet, but it seems likely if the hours have to be reduced.

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Deilla, Discombobulated, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated