Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM

Hi GottaBMe. Welcome to Psych Central. I am sorry you are in a relationship that does not seem fulfilling emotionally if I hear you correctly.

The unknown of life after a divorce can be scary. One thing that can happen is couples that you and your husband socialize with may drift away as friends since the social connection was based on couples. If you have not a friend or two, it may be helpful to have one now that you are contemplating divorce.

One thing I did in a major change in my life was write down all the things I get in a relationship in a vertical column one to a line: for example financial support, a home, a dependable person in the house so I am not alone, etc. Then in a column to the right beside each of these benefits, I write how I might get that as a single person. After you list all the ones about your husband, you might then list all the elements of your life now and how that might change.

What I found by writing down all the situations, my fear lessened and my problem solving kicked into gear. I joined a yoga club and met lots of people that way plus got in better shape. I also made sure the finances would be okay. It helped me see the changes and accept the changes.

These may be of interest
Life 2.0: Coping with Divorce

Reduce the Stress of a Divorce

Coping with Divorce: In the Beginning

Feel free to reply to this post or PM me
@CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote