View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jul 13, 2020 at 01:21 PM

Hi, Zoeing,

I hope this is helpful. If not feel free to ignore it. I used to work for the hazardous materials program, so the business with masks is nothing new to me. And I like to use disposable gloves when I go shopping. I always told people, "Be smart, not scared." With the pandemic, that means, think. Where's the risk? You can go out. You can drive. You can talk to people on the phone or on the computer. Just use the precautions if you're going outside. And, of course, if you're sick, don't go shopping or be around other people until you test negative. When I start to get grumpy or squirrel-ly I drive or walk, and talk to people from a distance. I'm a hugger by nature, so, yes, the pandemic is challenging, but I'm also a scientist, and my daughter is a doctor. So I get the need to be careful not to spread germs. Like a doctor going into surgery.

I'm not very good at dealing with anger. But I did find some meditation videos on the web that were helpful. The shorter videos were all I could handle.

My steps for today. I'll write my 1600 words (I'm doing the Nanowrimo challenge.) And I'll do a couple of gardening chores, and the laundry.

I just realized something. I remember posting about projects for my garden, and they seemed somewhere between difficult and impossible. And I did them. The swing works, I have a legal, safe fire pit, and an herb garden. I don't have a functioning solar fountain. So I guess that's a project for another time.

And I have a surface that doesn't attract pompillid wasps. This wasp has the second most painful sting of all insects, and it was attracted to the crushed rock in my garden. One pompillid sipping nectar is acceptable; pompillids reproducing and multiplying in the crushed rock is not.

So, yay, baby steps.

The hard steps for me involve social media. And I'll leave them for another day.

That's it for me.

Happy stepping,

Hi, Revu2 I'm glad you're moving right along.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote