View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2020 at 06:10 AM

I am not happy about a sudden change that occurred in my work responsibilities. Our team manager, who is a content writer, decided he no longer has the room on his plate to do content writing, so he is shoving the task onto the rest of our team to handle, when none of us are skilled content writers or content developers. We are digital marketers, not content writers.

So now I am REQUIRED to write on a medical topic, with medically backed research, when I am not a content writer.

My team manager sent me an overwhelming list of about 30 resources to weed through in order to write this content.

I had already expressed my concerns to my boss and to my team manager about my writing this content. I told them it's not going to be as high in quality, and that the client probably won't be happy with it. I had already attempted to write content for this one client before, and they were not happy with my work. I told both my boss and manager this.

So when I received this enormous list of resources, I told them by email that it's an overwhelming list, and I don't know where to even start.

I know I am coming across as a bit obstinate and resistant, but I really don't care. This work is NOT in my original job description, it's being shoved onto me so that I have NO choice in the matter, and I do not have the skills to accomplish this successfully.

I am beyond pissed off about it.

I also told them both it's going to take me three times as long to do this as it would take our team manager.

And not only do I have to write this medical piece this month, but another one on Falls Prevention, in addition to an article that I myself had proposed for a client. How the hell am I going to pull this off?????

So I am no longer a digital marketer.... I am now becoming a content writer, without wanting it, without asking for it, and when I'm being forced to do it. And when it's not my forte and it's not in my job description.

This company is run SO poorly, and I am SO angry.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote