View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2020 at 09:52 PM

Humans need the sun, and humans need connection. Two things that are hard to do when we feel hard emotions. (hard emotions: fear, anxiety, sadness, depression, anger, and others) Why did I not say negative.... because thinking in terms of this or that harms us as humans.

Discipline is achieved by SAMLL actions every stinking day. IF we like it or not. Finding the WHY behind the goal is a good way to go. I set out on a path to discover my why behind 12 areas of life, and I found hope that mental illness doesn't have to be LIFE long. Our past influences our present, and that can be hard to kick to the curb. When I learned what I wanted in life, my life improved.

I fully believe that mental illness is driven by the past, in relationships, and in our environment. Not everyone believes that people can change, but we change every day, which leads me to the conclusion that change is possible. Mental illness is a label. And in some areas, like Findland, they are finding that connection to others helps to bring people out of having to take medication. If you want someone as an example lookup Daniel Fisher, M.D., Ph.D. He recovered from schizophrenia and is now an advocate for those who are struggling, and for those professionals that think they know everything.

I do not know everything, but I do know that when I found hope, healing started. I have many more ideas that could help, and if you want one, let me know.

Change is HARD work. and it takes action, every stinkin' day. Whether or not we feel like it or not. Letting our emotions rule our lives is not fair to us, and its just a feeling, not an action.

I hear you. And I also know that recovery is possible, and support from others is NOT optional. We need each other to help to raise us up. WIthout connection to others, we grow weak, and lose parts of ourselves. Make the effort, because you know that it will help. That help may not be right away, but the reward later on is worth every minute.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna