View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM

What do you believe? What are you telling yourself about change?

The answer you seek is inside you!!

I could leave it at those two lines but I won't. Change happens all around us. Often we don't realize that change has happened. Take the temperature outside, that changes gradually, and if that changes, then we can TOO!!! Change is a constant. Figuring out what we believe is the best way to understand what our subconscious tells us. Then taking the time to write then read what we wrote on change can help us to see that change is possible.

It sounds like you like reading. Look up Daniel Fisher, M.D. Ph.D., and Michelle Bengtson, both of them recovered from mental illness, for me Fisher's book was a blessing. Knowing that recovery is possible, that change happens helped me to understand that I'm not stuck in the medical model of mental illness. The medical model says that those with issues with mental health never recover. That is NOT true!!! Fisher and Bengtson proved that, and they are not the only ones. Change does happen. Science isn't the most helpful thing when it comes to behavior and connection. But that is my opinion. and It is NOT up for debate. We need to be vulnerable for change to happen.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966