Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2020 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
I don't like complaining. I like being the tenant who quietly pays his rent on time every month and who causes no problems. I don't even like being seen around the building. The manager once said he doesn't even know whether I'm home or not, and I like that because it means I'm not causing any problems. I use a handheld mirror for shaving and combing and that's fine. I do plan on telling the manager eventually, though.

Well, I have talked to maintenance guys about the things tenants do in their apartments and believe me your thing is like...not even a thing!!! I wish you WOULD tell your manager to see that you can be a good tenant AND request them to fix things.

Also, consider this. One time a property manager told me that reporting things to be fixed as they happen IS being a good tenant. Because what property managers don't like is a long list of things to do in an apartment after a tenant leaves because the tenant ignored things that needed fixing. I took that advice to heart and now report things as they happen. Accidents are not the same as damage.

In my other story about kicking in the bathroom wall...that was damage!!! It was the only time I caused damage... but I was 23 years old then and I guess just an idiot. Now I would say I am a pretty good tenant.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote