Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Jul 16, 2020 at 09:58 AM

DECOMPRESS

M. Need to decompress

C. Go for it

M. F’ing G did it again.. He always needs to be the f’ing center of attention.

C. What do you mean?

M. Yesterday at the meeting with a potential customer, he started talking about himself. He showed slides with testimonials about HIM. It was so inappropriate and unnecessary. We had to extend the meeting because he spent so much f’ing time talking about him. Me this and me that. It was my meeting and opportunity. I invited him and ends up making it about him. F’ing unbelievable!

C. Completely understandable for you to be upset. What did you do?

M. I called him immediately after the meeting and told him that what he did was poorly done and completely unnecessary. I did not mince words. I wrote the word ”assertive” on a sheet of paper before I called him to put me in that mindset. I wasn't overly emotional, but I also don't mince my words. He got the point and backed down. I'm laughing about it now, but f***.

C. Feel good to get this out of your system?

M. Definitely. I needed to.

C. What else?

M. Well, do you remember how upset and worried I was about S? How I thought that M and C were pissed with me? How I imagined that they no longer wanted to work with me?

C. Yes

M. Well, it turns out that I was wrong. Everything is fine. Had a great conversation with D. He and I get along great. He's a great guy. It was a very productive and enjoyable conversation. We even joked around a bit.

C. That's great to hear.

M. Yeah, I was relieved to hear that it's full steam ahead. We’ll be signing the contract in the next couple of weeks. He still loves PM. It turns out the other people have an issue that has nothing to do with me. So, long story, short, we’re good.

C. Excellent. What else?

M. I was fatigued after the call. I've been working nonstop for weeks, including over the weekend, and dealing with lots of stressful situations., including being anxious about the COVID situation and everything else that's going on. I think it finally caught up with me, which was kind of weird given I just had had this great conversation with D. Fortunately, I am sleeping better.

C. These are stressful times.

M. They are, but I need to persevere. I can't let up, and I'm up for the challenge.

C. That's the spirit! Go get ’em!

M. Will do. Thanks for ”listening.”

C. You got it.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote