View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 17, 2020 at 07:18 PM

Today we lost our beloved Schnoodle, Joey. We adopted him from a local rescue organization when he was estimated to be about 2 or 3 years old. And we think he was now 16 or 17 years old. He had been diagnosed as having kidney disease (which is incurable in dogs) a bit over three years ago.

At the time of his diagnosis we thought we'd have him for no more than a few more months. But he held on, & even thrived, until old age & the kidney disease finally took their toll. We had him put to sleep at the university veterinary clinic where he had always received his health care. He lay between us on a couch as the medications were administered & he passed away.

He was our companion for 14 years. For the first 6 years or so we had a single family home with a fenced yard. But Joey was never really an outdoor dog. He'd go out in the yard for a few minutes. But then he wanted to go back inside (even if we were outside.) We took him for daily walks even then. For the last 8 years we lived in a townhome & had no yard. So my wife & / or I walked him at least twice a day every day. Sun, rain, wind, snow, ice... Joey & I were out there. He looked like a muffin. But he & I would be out there when no one else was.

My wife & I are both extremely sad. I personally am beyond devastated. I can't wrap my head around the fact he's not just asleep somewhere within our home. I suppose I'll recover with time. But right now all I want is to go with him. Good-bye sweetheart...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, annoyedgrunt84, Anonymous41462, beauflow, bluekoi, Breaking Dawn, divine1966, eskielover, hvert, LiteraryLark, lizardlady, mote.of.soul, Nammu, Open Eyes, possum220, Raindropvampire, SybilMarie, TerryL, Travelinglady, TunedOut, Turtle_Rider, unaluna, WovenGalaxy, Zariaha

Thanks for this!
bluekoi, LilyMop, lizardlady