View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 17, 2020 at 08:02 PM

HI, got thru the update call with my client. I was ready to drop out. We discussed it and she feels with the uses of other team members as "buffers" it may work. Over and over she retold how eventually truth and facts got through, while I emphasized the dysfunctional dynamics. It's OK to want to excel and be the best and whatever. But, when warranted, acknowledge people helped out or made some thing easier to understand.

Michael Jordan, of the greats of all time (GOAT) in basketball, would sometimes play street ball where he happened to be. Playing one day, someone stole the ball from him and raced down court to make the basket. Jordan stepped over to him and shook his hand. That's how you "play" being the best. It took little off his being the GOAT to show he respected what that other player did.

And yet on another front, same client different wing, someone who dropped out reversed her intentions and began to loudly complain and cry "victim" to the funding source folks. After 2 mediation sessions, including some people at a higher rank than those we typically have contact with, she ended empty handed and fully separated. I'd thought her best play would have been to relate the hours she'd put in that hadn't been paid for yet, bargain to get most or all of that, and then call it quits. She mis-played her chance.

More rant/whine: on top of it all, I have a marathon training M-F next week, online, tight agenda, etc.

No hassles, No work ~ no work, no pay.
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote