Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Jul 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM

DECOMPRESS
M. Hey, need to get some stuff off my chest

C. Go for it

M. I'm better now, but I sure was pissed about the incident with M. I'm tired of it, but instead of continuing to whine about it, I'm going to use it as fuel.

C. Tell me more

M. This is a ”chip on the shoulder” type of motivation. It's motivation from getting tired of him treating me like I'm a subordinate.

C. Go on

M. It's me saying, ”F*** you. Watch me!”

C. Go on

M. I have a great opportunity in front of me, and I'm going to maximize it. The plan is beginning to emerge.

C. Go on

M. I've been pushing hard the last several weeks (years) and starting to have some breakthroughs. I feel like Rocky. I persevere, get knocked down for a day, but get back up, and steadily keep fighting. I just set the timer and work regardless of my motivation level.

C. That's called grit.

M. Anyway, I'm going to kick his ***. He wants to compete. Game on!

C. Go on

M. So, I'm motivated to get into the best shape of my life.

C. Go on

M. I'm trying to lose weight and body fat. I put on about 15 pounds and want to miss this and get my body fat % to a lean level.

C. Great. How are you going to do this?

M. I'm going to start doing IF. I've tried this before, and it works for me.

C. Excellent

M. I'm going to emphasize plant-based and also focus on eating foods that support brain health.

C. Like

M. Green leafy vegetables, salmon, grass-fed beef. Lots of mixed salads. Organic eggs. Cauliflower. Broccoli. Berries.

C. Sounds healthy

M. Because I enjoy cooking, but hate cleaning I tend not to cook during the week. I make salads and stuff I can pop in the microwave.

C. Go on

M. So, today I'm going to meal prep. I'm going to prepare meals that I can store and reheat during the week.

C. Excellent. What else are you going to do?

M. I'm going to work out more intensely and drink more water. I like doing strength training but don't like doing cardio. However, I realize that for my overall health, I need to do a few cardio sessions per week.

C. What's gotten in your way before and what are you going to do to prevent or minimize this from happening again?

M. Good question. Poor sleep. Working nonstop. These are the primary obstacles.

C. Okay. Anything else you want to talk about?

M. I'm good for now.

C. Can I make a suggestion?

M. Sure

C. I think you're watching too much TV. You have it on all day while you work. I don't think that's good for your brain health.

M. That's a fair observation and good advice. I think I’ll start scheduling what I’m going to watch.

C. Last question. If you had Thursday night to do all over again, what would you have done differently?

M. That’s the night I did not sleep at all because I was so upset about MG.

C. So, in retrospect, what could you have done differently?

M. As I recall, I took a hot shower and followed a pretty good pre-sleep routine. But I watched TV all night and possibly all day. I would have stopped watching TV, put on classical music, done some deep breathing, and, most importantly, I would have journaled in my paper journal. I would have listened to positive psychology content.

C. Good. Want my advice on how to make today a great day?

M. Of course

C. Do this:
- Do IF + plant based keto + meal prep
- Take care of finance stuff so this stops weighing on you
- Go through each envelope and take action
- Do a tough DG workout
- Listen to upbeat music or advice content while you cook
- Catch up on your Pocket reading
- Practice critical thinking writing
- Have a LK and STD mindset
- Create and listen to an encouraging mantra

M. That’s great advice. Thanks! Will let you know how it goes.

C. Great. Feel better?

M. Yep. Thanks again!

C. You got it.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote