View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Thanks for posting this. I'm a "senior citizen" as we older folks are sometimes referred to. I've never had a traumatic brain injury. But I believe I likely have some brain damage as a result of bumping my head for years growing up. In my case, how it seems to show up is in my difficulty with controlling my anger & what I say when I am angry.

I have also gone through periods where I decided I'm just not going to talk unless I have to. And, actually, I'd say I've had some success with it... as long as it's not a situation where I'm angry. To some extent, I think it's a matter of practice. No matter how many times you fail, just start again. Over time you may well achieve your goal.

Of course you don't want to stop talking completely. But, personally, I think there is something to be said for not talking unless one actually has something useful to say. As it says in my Signature Statement below: "Speak only if you can improve upon the silence."

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, TishaBuv