View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2020 at 01:19 PM

I'm only 57 and I feel that way to a degree I don't like. I think the biggest shock, and sadness, for me is my children. I was a stay at home mom until they were pre-teens, then I worked part-time.

I loved my occupation as at at-home mom. I expected that my kids and I would always be very close. Well, now my daughter is 35, my son is 31. Both are married. In uncomfortable ways my son-in-law and I sometimes clash. I adore my daughter-in-law. But, all the "kids" are deeply involved with their careers. They are successful, doing very well with their lives. And that is terrific!

The problem is that I see them about twice a year, maybe three times on a good year. No grandchildren are in sight, which is a tremendous disappointment to me (although, I never say a word to the kids about that).

It's down to my husband and I. We've been married for over 30 years, but don't live together, although we are dear friends. He lives 1 mile from me. However, he's 73. If he dies before I do, then what? In my dreams my kids will step up. In reality, however...??

Anyway, upon reading the article your posted Here Today, the clanging thought in my mind was Something is very wrong with how we treat our seniors! There's something seriously messed up with a society that values people only when they are strong, healthy, and under the age of 60.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, Nammu, Travelinglady, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
GranCindy