Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2020 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureBlueSky View Post
I'm surprised that nobody here had any thoughts. about my original post above ^ I spoke to a co-worker in my office who said it was terrible our boss said it to me in such a manner, almost as if he was shoving it my face. Especially when my sales production numbers where HIGHER than the other sales agents in our office. What is worse is our boss didn't talk or email them at all about missing ]their goals. My coworker had a good point - If viewed from another perspective, 30%, or almost 1/3, of the sales force company-wide DIDN'T make their goals - very bad for managers who's job it is to guide, coach and make sure they do.
Hi AzureBlueSky,

I agree that your boss was insensitive about how he delivered the report findings to you. It doesnt mean he's a bad boss or a bad person, just that he communicated poorly with you and this has an impact on you, because you feel demoralized, which is understandable.

I can understand why you feel demoralized, and as a boss in this time, and not intending to defend your boss just give you some insight, there's a lot of pressure on everyone right now.

Is it possible for you to approach your boss and just talk calmly about getting that email, and asking if there are ways he can help you be successful right now considering the challenges of the pandemic? Maybe his tone will change if you approach him for "coaching" which bosses do find flattering. And also it might give you some ways to improve your performance to meet the quotas (or it might give him a chance to praise you for being more productive than your colleagues).

I would definitely be upset if I got that email, and my approach would be to figure out how I could open communication to improve things. You can only control yourself, no matter how insensitive someone else is, so take a deep breath, process the anger, once you feel calm, see what you can communicate to improve the situation.

Hope that helps. I know it's hard but if we model good communication others often follow, even our bosses.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote