View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jul 20, 2020 at 05:51 AM

I am with you. That happens to me as well. Also no one really believes me. I believe I have a slow metabolism and my desire for food is just about 300 calories over what I burn off. Thus if i eat normally (for me) on a daily basis I will gain the weight back. I have tried everything to increase my metabolism and nothing works. I also believe starting with the metabolism my rate of burn with exercise is low. So to get the weight loss most people have with exercise I have to double my exercise time and effort.

My goal at moment is to lose in a way that does not kick my metabolism down. There was a study called the "matador" study that said once your body realizes you are cutting back on food it will start adjusting the downward. In as soon as 3 to 6 weeks. So my goal is to lose weight for about 3 to 6 weeks and then stop and eat normally again so whatever adjustment down is reversed.

I have been doing intermittent fasting and it was the only thing that worked. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

To give you an idea... I used to be able to do a 36 hour fast and drop 2 lbs for sure. No longer. Now I do that I see nothing on the scale.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aviza