Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2020 at 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It was handled rudely. Sadly there are a lot of rude people out there.

Did he follow up with suggestions how to improve or training opportunities for you? Is he inexperienced or is he just in general rude person? I mean everyone makes mistakes but it’s a common knowledge to start with a positive message and follow up negative messages with improvement suggestions. In fact managers must provide suggestions to struggling employees.

I bet he got in trouble with higher ups because his employees didn’t meet their goals yet he simply takes it on you all instead of following proper procedures.

“I had many wonderful bosses and YOU aren’t of them”. I know you can’t really reply like this but it’s kind of tempting lol

I’d follow up asking for Improvement suggestions. In the email. In writing. I’d also save rude emails with no suggestions, it might come handy in the future. You never know
Yes, agreed. I had written that he should have offered solutions and help for making the next quarter's goals. That's the sign of a good boss. He should have been far more encouraging and supportive, rather than calling her out for not making the quarterly goals. He could have at least pointed out that her sales production numbers were higher than most. Encourage, not discourage... that's the sign of a good leader.

I have a boss like this, and he's a bad manager.

OP, I agree with you that his email shoved the failure in your face. That's obnoxious and not OK for a manager to do. He needs to learn better management skills.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote