View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2020 at 10:44 AM

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a raised spot on BG's ear changed. It went from looking like a huge mosquitoe bite to all ugly, crusty, bled sometimes. At the same time a spot on his back that I thought was a war also got ugly, crusty etc. So what did I do? What do we all do now if we have a question? I googled it, of course! I managed to scare myself to death so stopped looking at google. He was due for his rabies booster so I asked the vet to look at both spots. The spot on his back is a wart. The spot on his ear is a benign growth short haired dogs are prone to. Getting ugly and larger is what they do before they go away on their own. I'd been worrying myself crazy that he had cancer. Instead they are both nothing to worry about!

The vet also said he needs to cut back on treats. He gained 10 pounds since December. He doesn't get treats so I'm blaming it on me staying home do to Covid. He's getting way less exercise while I'm home. Instead of running around the farm he is hanging out with me in the house. Am going to cut back on his food.
lizardlady is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, 88Butterfly88, bluekoi, Nammu, possum220, Skeezyks, unaluna

Thanks for this!
bluekoi, Travelinglady, unaluna