Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegansphynx View Post
I think there’s a bit of sunken cost fallacy...I put so much time and love onto the relationship that it’s mind boggling that it amounted to nothing. And of course, I loved him. It wasn’t all bad. And I stupidly kept holding out hope that if I just loved him hard enough, he’d treat me better. But not only did that not happen, but now he’s treating me like complete trash. Like I’m not even a person. And like the last 15 years never happened. All of his affection and attention is being put toward this new child junkie. And it IS gross, I agree! On so many levels. So you’re right to ask why I put so much value on him. I need to figure that out. I think I felt defined by his love (or what I thought was love.) like I somehow am not a full or complete or worthy person outside of the context of that relationship. So the question is; what do I do to rectify that within myself. Currently, I have moments where I feel like I can’t breathe. Or like there’s a rock in my chest. I’m scared to sleep b/c my thoughts turn to them together.
This is good, working on understanding WHY you invested so much that clearly was never respected or valued by him is important for YOU to understand.

Did you grow up with an alcoholic parent?
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote