View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2020 at 01:06 PM

He's not going to "get with the program" He is doing what he is genetically programmed to do. Sorry, don't mean to take it out on you. People not taking care of their critters is a hot button for me. Shame on both your parents for being irresponsible. Pets are a many years long responsibility. "I don't feel like it" strikes me as the response of a bratty kid, not a so called adult. Again, sorry. Not angry with you. Angry with your parents' behavior. Wanting a young dog of two hyperactive breeds to "get with the program" is liking wanting a hungry human infant to stop crying because the "adult" in the room is too lazy to get off their butt and feed the poor thing.

Lark, thank you for stepping up and caring for Doc. I know you have too much on your plate as it is. Thanks for caring for Doc. I remember how hard you worked to prove you could care for Evie. Their comments to you about you not being capable of caring for a dog are bitterly ironic.

Would your parents be willing to pay someone to come in and help Doc burn off some energy? You could frame it in terms of training him.

FWIW, my BG has a perpetual motion machine until the last year. He is what we call a "ketchup dog" -Heinz 57 mix breed. Those times his high energy got on my nerves I reminded myself that was part of what appealed to me. Can't be mad at the dog for being what I wanted. Anyway, he just turned 7 and started to slow down some in the last year. So you can look forward to Doc eventually slowing down!
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna