View Single Post
Cecee123

Member Since Aug 2019
Default Jul 22, 2020 at 07:53 PM

Hello! This is my first time posting on a forum, but I’ve been a member here on Psych Central for a while. I wanted to get some advice...for those of you who got an official diagnosis of BPD, did it take a while, or did it take a few sessions for you to get officially diagnosed? I struggle with many symptoms of BPD and have done so for a long time. My relationships, self image, impulsivity, emptiness, emotional instability, etc. Several people have suggested I get assessed for it. I went to a new counselor for the first time today, and she said I do have symptoms, but that ‘’she doesn’t know me well enough to give me a diagnosis of BPD’’ and for now, she is diagnosing me with depression and generalized anxiety, until she gets to know me more to see if I fit the criteria for a BPD or other diagnosis. Has anyone else experienced this, or something similar to this? Did it take a while to get a proper diagnosis, or is it common to get diagnosed after a few sessions? In the past I’ve seen a few therapists but they weren’t experienced with personality disorders and couldn’t agree on any definite diagnosis (I got mostly suggestions of bipolar symptoms and was given meds but they didn’t help). Thanks in advance!
Cecee123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks