View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jul 23, 2020 at 09:24 AM

Ok. I've read about half of this thread. I get he's completely unstable and you've had difficulties blocking him due to him contacting you by other means.

I'm curious how long has this been happening? You mentioned after 6mo of knowing him, it all began. How long has it been since then?

You can't control how and what he sends you.. but what puzzles me more is that you've spent A LOT of time watching these videos and reading these texts. Why?! I don't think it's because you're a "nurturing" and "caring" person. Something sounds off, to me.

I don't understand, under these circumstances, why you'd want to be friends with this guy. He's not being a friend to you. He's playing you and is being abusive.

The obvious boundary, which I'm aware you've finally taken, is to permanently cut contact from YOUR end. Not only that, stop reading his texts and watching his videos! What's the payoff for you?

You're in a relationship? What does your partner think about this? How does he feel about your level of involvement with this guy? He's not your childhood best bud you've had for life.

Reading this thread, it very much sounds like you played the role of his girlfriend. I think it's because of the level of attention you've given him.

Honestly, I doubt he's suicidal. It's just a tactic that's worked to get your attention. He is a stalker and you've opened the doors to him, multiple times. I also think he's dumping all of his "problems" on you because that's what hooked you in, in the first place. He's got your attention so it's no surprise he's escalated in that area, now that you've given him the silent treatment. He's trying to get you back, and with strategies that worked before.. and is now being theatrical about it.

Taking a "break"? He needs very clear boundaries. He doesn't care WHAT you're babbling about.. what your position is, why you're not interested, etc. That's a whole lot of explanation coming from your end. What he's interested in is your ATTENTION. He's only interested in you filling his bucket in any way he can get you to.. and it's worked.

He's not your boyfriend, partner, or husband. He's not your child or family member. He's not your neighbour or even a person who lives in the same city as you. You're not attracted to him. You're not wanting a romantic relationship with him. He's caused you a lot of stress in your life, and the lives of your family and friends. So, sorry to be so blunt... WHY did you allow it to go on? What was in it for you?

Honestly, I'd discuss this with YOUR therapist, not HIS. There's something within you that, not only attracted you to him, but that allowed you to MAINTAIN this "non-relationship".

You are educated, financially secure, and have a supportive social network. So what is it? Instead of dissecting his mental profile, I'd start looking within yourself.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote