View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2020 at 01:46 PM

Well, that was an interesting turn of events. My annual review was supposed to happen today, and I got laid off beforehand and instead.

They said it's strictly financial, and not performance-based. Then the CEO listed a bunch of clients in my dept who had cut back on services with us, laying out to me that our dept as a whole is not financially doing well.

He almost laid me off last fall, but kept me on, and had told me then that I am the highest paid in my dept., also explaining to me that my dept as a whole is not cutting it financially.

And no new clients have come on board since then.

This is my third layoff in my lifetime.

I'm not thrilled about it, but at the same time, it could be a blessing. I didn't like my company's leadership, most especially my boss and team manager.

I thought they ran things in an upside down and backwards way.

Maybe this is an opportunity to finally land the position I want, while not dealing with the stress of poor leadership decisions.

Eh, whatever. I will land of my feet, as I always do.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jul 23, 2020 at 03:01 PM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Breaking Dawn, browneyedgirl20, Buffy01, possum220, RoxanneToto, stahrgeyzer, TishaBuv, TunedOut, Turtle_Rider

Thanks for this!
Buffy01