Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Jul 23, 2020 at 05:15 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Hi. Desperately need to decompress

C. Go for it. What’s on your mind?

M. I’m drained. Feeling very fatigued. I’ve been working nonstop for weeks.

C. Go on

M. I’ve been working on the product for two days straight. Lots of attention to detail. My brain is fried. The more work I do, the more work I need to do.

C. Go on

M. I completed a couple of key parts, but now have more to do based on this work. All told, it’s good and I’m very happy with how the product is coming along, but I’m drained.

C. What’s next?

M. Well, I’m taking care of a key issue that has been nagging at me for close to 9 months.

C. What’s that?

M. I’m finally getting a “new” car. Our current car is trashed and I finally found a new one that I can afford. It’s a used car, but looks like new, and I got a great deal.

C. That’s exciting

M. Yes, it really is. I’m going to pick it up this afternoon. I think this is going to be great for my mental health because as I previously explained I’ve been feeling trapped. Like I said before, I was ashamed to drive around in this piece of ****, and afraid to drive it any “long” distance because the motor is on its last legs.

C. So, this will be a big relief

M. Definitely. I feel like I’m entering a whole new chapter in my life and I’m excited about it. I signed the agreement with ____ just a few minutes ago, so that’s also a big relief.

C. That’s great. Congratulations.

M. Thanks, but I still have work to do to get the product listed and ready for launch. But, I’m getting there. Slowly, but surely, I’m getting there.

C. What else do you need to do?

M. Here’s the list
- Complete business plan for SDPM
- Complete updating FCB record
- Update demo script
- Be able to demo L to O conversion - waiting on M for this
- Update PM AP messaging
- Create SDPM messaging
- Update and add UFC slide
- Simplify SPM PB
- Finish PAPB
- Update book
- Get bookkeeper to do 2020 financials
- Work on ARPB
- Work on FCPB
- Work on CPB
- Follow up OW

C. That is a lot. My advice is that you pace yourself. I know this is easier said than done because all of this work is important for your launch, but time block and just keep whittling away at it like you have been.

M. I will. I made a doctors appointment for next Tuesday to discuss my sleep and fatigue issues. I’ll get to bed early tonight.

C. Okay. Sounds, like overall, things are much better

M. They are. I had a good meeting with AR earlier this week. I invited M to attend. He was a little distant when we first got on the call before the client jumped on.

C. Really?

M. Yes, but f*** him. I’m done playing second fiddle to him and took lead role on the call. I can tell this bothered him because he craves being the center of attention. He’s not keeping me appraised of what’s going on with PW. Had to pry it out of him.

C. Really?

M. He’s been in contact but didn’t tell me until I asked. He could have pinged me after he got feedback, but didn’t. I took advantage of our speaking to ask, “Oh, BTW, any news from PW?” He updated me and seems like the project is still alive, but have no new news. I’ll ping him next week.

C. Okay

M. I came up with a funny nickname for him in Spanish, which helps me to not act like I’m inferior or dependent when I deal with him. I’m sure we’ll be fine longer term. I’ll be kind moving forward because there is a lot about him I like and admire, and I do consider him a friend, so want to be in good standing for both our sakes, but am making every effort possible to not have to be dependent on him for business.

C. Makes sense. What’s next?

M. I’m going to head out in a bit. I have to pick up a prescription, go to the bank to deposit a check and get a cashiers check for the car, then I’m going to go buy and pick up the new car. Then I’m going to head back home, go grocery shopping, and chill the rest of the evening. I’ll plan out tomorrow and Saturday and Monday, but then I’ll chill.

C. Sounds good. Did this help?

M. Big time. All this stuff has been circling in my head for days, so super helpful to get my thoughts and feelings on paper and have a conversation about this.

C. Great. Glad to hear it. And happy to hear you’re making strong progress on a number of fronts.

M. Thanks so much. Me too.

C. Okay. Take care.

M. You too.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote