Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 25, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1111 View Post
I have a feeling she is going to "miss" therapy. Her anger episodes haven't gotten any better. She has done this before. When we first got married, she was throwing little tantrums all the way up to the day of therapy sessions. All of a sudden, something would come up, or she would say she wasn't feeling good.

3 more days to go. We will see. I just can't get my hopes up. If she doesn't go, I will take the session for myself for my regular EMDR, then try again next week.

I just hope that somehow I gain the courage to stand up to her. I have a feeling it's gonna get ugly.
What may help, IF she doesn't back out of the therapy session, is to remain calm and be matter of fact. It helps if you can remove your own anger and frustration from your tone and from the delivery. At the same time, you can also express that you are frustrated. This way, it helps take the emotion out of it. And if she still chooses to tantrum? Well, she really has an issue with getting any feedback then.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guy1111