LilyMop
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Jul 26, 2020 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Had a challenging day with a client yesterday because she is unclear with her requests. I am not sure how long term beyond the end of the year I intend to work with her, because it seems like no matter what I do, she finds a new way to make things unworkable. However, I participated in my leadership course this morning and discovered some ways I can be with this, and words I can use to address the situation and maintain my integrity. I was pretty triggered and upset by it yesterday, but it's always good to go back to the basics and look at things objectively and figure out what I can do to address a situation, if I'm willing to do that thing, and what the next step is. This client has been very bad about making specific requests for years that I've worked with her, and I know that, it's not a surprise, and so I have decided that she will not be off the hook in a meeting until she makes very clear what it is she wants and by when. Otherwise I'm tired of getting early morning emails about how I was supposed to send her something already that her previous communication said was needed the following week. There is a workability issue, and I think I've identified what it is, and that's good, and so we will address it. And hopefully that will ease up some tensions and anxiety, until the next workability issue presents itself. So I'm counting this a win right now.

I hope it continues to go well. Sounds like you manage the needs of both clients and leadership very well.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes