View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2020 at 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
The ‘Wasn’t Loved’ title of this thread has me reflected on all my relationships now, while having my now usual insomnia at 3 am.

I suppose love is a mixed bag. All the people I claim didn’t really love me, did somewhat love me at one time. They just didn’t continue to love me, they didn’t give of themselves to the point where I felt love, or they outright turned on me.

Some only loved me when I did things for them. Maybe that’s the key and ALL of them only acted like that. Is that how people are? Is that how love is supposed to feel?

Some (not some- ALL) have said they think the world of me, but then became caustic and abandoned me, when I enforced boundaries.
This is exactly me & my life. Exactly. I don't believe that's how love is supposed to feel, and I continue to reject it. It's like you order a hamburger and get an old moldy tuna fish sandwich. I don't want that stinky old thing, I want a hamburger! LOL. Don't treat me like crap and think I'm going to like it - it's just not going to happen. That's not love. I don't treat other people like crap. I don't expect to be treated like a princess, but just a common average politeness is bare minimum to me.
My eldest - very similar situation. Drastic change, hates me now, says I'm to blame for everything wrong in the world, etc. It's devastating. Painful. Agonizing. I'm applying the serenity prayer, after a whole lot of tears. I'm trying to accept - this is just the way it is, and my eldest child, now an adult, has joined the rest of the world in simply not loving me. My parents - no love. Husbands, no love. Other family, friends - nothing. No one really cares. Painful, yes. But I learn to deal with it.
A glimmer of hope - sometimes, in a fascinating relationship, people lose themselves in the other person. Then over the years, the new wears off, and someone who was overwhelmed by the force of another's personality will sort of wake up, and say, Woah, that's not me! Hopefully that'll happen with your son, and he'll come around.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv