Thread: Am I ready??
View Single Post
Hitherto

Member Since Jun 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2020 at 10:48 AM

It looks like you have explored a range of options and you’ve found counselling feels best for you right now because it can potentially satisfy a need you have. It sounds like you feel lonely because you are unable to make meaningful connections with people and there it sounds like comes a fear, a fear of perhaps being hurt like you was before. You mention the transference/countertransference relationship, so there is a sense of awareness of your inner process as well. Is there a sense that your past is perhaps influencing a sort of caution in approaching people?

I relate to some of the things you’ve said here, especially around loneliness, trust, fear of getting hurt and betrayal. I do see that you are making progress, both with your own self exploration and with your therapists’ feedback. I agree with you that you can still make a choice, you have the power of choice.

Thank you for sharing on PC, I can see it hasn’t been easy for you to open up about the difficulties you’ve had to face and are facing right now.
Hitherto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
puzzclar