Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2020 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Thanks. Anything to read? Maybe I am just bipolar. Dunno, based on what u say.
unfortunately because much of what OSDD is, is on separate treatment providers only lists you wont be able to find what you are looking for...

you can research to your hearts content the words OSDD and go to a therapist and come out diagnosed with something else....(which happened to a sibling of mine) what you see in the DSM5 is only the information that has been made public. you dont get to know which one of the disorders you have until you get tested.

example you can go to a doctor with feeling tired, worn out, feeling down and assume you have depression but then when the doctor does tests and the test results come back bam you have this other major or minor problem instead. why because some things are not for public to know about.

if you really think you have one of the 20 or more OSDD disorders contact your treatment providers, go through the testing and then they will give you the information you need to research what they have diagnosed you with.

we can not help someone to self diagnose OSDD by giving you a list of books to read... why because we dont know which of the 20 or so OSDD disorders you have and quite frankly I certainly wouldnt want to recommend a book on such and such and then one day come on here and find out you have died from something else because you were reading a book I recommended instead of contacting your doctors.

we dont help each other self diagnose here, just like we dont diagnose each other here on psych central. please contact your treatment providers.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist