Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
No other dog could ever replace Joey. He was one of a kind. Besides living in a townhome without a yard, as we do, having a dog is a challenge especially where we live. And we're not getting any younger either. So, no, I believe Joey will have been our last dog. My heart is broken.

I only had one dog as an adult and after she passed on I didn't want another one. I spent 30 years with pets. Now I can barely take care of a plant. Or myself.

Skeezyks...when I lost my dog the pain was so great I was pretty shocked. I don't remember any words of comfort being enough. I feel like I know what you mean about Joey being special. I felt that way about my dog. I couldn't even talk about her for years and years. So although I have no decent words of comfort all I can say is I really relate to the pain you are feeling.

Recently I have been thinking about how nice it would be to have a dog...but I am not set up for it at all...financially...or housing-wise. Also my mental state is not so good and I don't think I have the patience.

I feel your pain. Your little Joey must have been a real sweetheart. I am sad for you. But also happy that you had many years of happiness with Joey. They just don't live long enough.

Take care of yourself during this very difficult time.

Grief is love. I pay tribute to all the love you have in your heart, Skeez.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Breaking Dawn, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Breaking Dawn, lizardlady, Skeezyks, WovenGalaxy