View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2020 at 06:07 AM

Each day, I'm going to find something to be grateful and happy about.

I was so unhappy for the last two years because of that job, but now that I am free, I want to embrace this new phase of my life, learn from my past mistakes and lessons, and move onwards and upwards.

There's SO much to be grateful for, when you really think about it. There's always someone who is suffering more than you, and there's always people who have less than you. People suffering more or who have less may still smile at the world though, and may still find reasons to be grateful. I'm even grateful for the hard lessons I've had to learn. They were a part of my growth, and they were necessary.

Gratitude is what brings inner happiness, in my honest opinion. And happiness is an inside job. Yet it's easy enough to allow negative or undesirable circumstances to rob of us of our happiness. I struggled with that over the last two years. No more.

And next go around, I want to do better. Consistent striving for self improvement also leads to greater happiness, I do believe. All we can do is pick ourselves up again, dust ourselves off, accept where we are in life and move forward with our heads held high.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*