Thread: Needy
View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary
TishaBuv It’s mostly them, and somewhat me.

8 yr Member
1,857 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2020 at 06:37 AM

I didn’t text him and it’s been two weeks. I’m really not playing a waiting game. I expect there will be no contact from him unless he has something important to say.

When he left for college, I was the only one who reached out once a week, I realized when I looked back at the texts. I had no expectations that a freshman son would necessarily be reaching out. My other college son did the same. I thought nothing of it.

Then after graduation, I still was the only one reaching out just the same. The middle son began to initiate contact mutually with me. I felt this was him growing up, and was lonely with no gf. The oldest son never did. He moved in with his gf and started planning their wedding. I continued to reach out the same to keep contact. It was just small talk mostly. It was also partly I was having intense emotional problems with his father over our toxic marriage that was on/off, and I was a wreck, though I tried to be ‘normal Mom’ mostly.

It was during this time, I noticed ice cold attitude from him toward me. But, it was so foreign, I was shocked by it and it didn’t register in my mind.

Then he and his bride fired off offense after offense moving toward their wedding and it became so bad, we didn’t attend his wedding.

So, his not speaking to us “for a long time” in his words was the situation. It’s nine months later now.

I’ve maintained contact with small talk. That’s as deep as it goes. He does not reach out at all.

So, I’m not sure if he ever would have regardless of his wife, but that sure put a nail in the coffin. Maybe we only had a deep relationship when in each other’s sight, as we had what I thought was a wonderful relationship until he graduated college.

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852, TunedOut