View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Bat_Orchid90 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jul 28, 2020 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daffodils View Post
I don't have experience really, but my younger son was suspected to have aspergers one time, which is on the autistic spectrum. The only way I know of is to have a psychological test, and where I live it is usually paid out of pocket at 1000 dollars. I had pushed for another psychological test for him but they wouldn't do it in high school. May I ask what symptoms you experience that make you think you might have this? You can ignore the question. I wish I could be more helpful, but depending on what access you have to healthcare it might be a possibility to have a test done, if not start with your gp and let them know your symptoms and go from there? Hope someone else finds this post and has experienced this themselves, so they are better able to help

I know it can be really difficult to getting a diagnosis that’s what makes me upset. I feel like , looking back I had some typical signs of it as a child but my parents basically just assumed i was a difficult kid.. being “disruptive “, or messy, lazy, tantrums or not really communicating certain feelings or wants but rather just make noises even up until i was about 12 or so, I had issues with bed wetting till i was about 13 or 14:/....my grandparents would always be amazed at how I could find details in their house even if i wasnt there for months, i could tell when a glass dish was moved or if they had repainted a similar color. Theyd sometimes turn it into a game and ask if i notice anything when i came over, but its like... stuff i dont think many people would normally notice or care about....I hated being in big crowds or gatherings , I still do. I have bad social anxiety. I remember freaking out at a church service once because of the people there and once at my cousins wedding. When my parents asked why i was crying i lied and said i missed my pets:/...my father always told me I had “selective hearing” when he told me to do things even if I genuinely didn’t understand what he meant or said or maybe didnt notice at all[emoji2368] it made it difficult for me to even be around some older family members because theyd joke with me and id just straight up get upset..because I couldn’t understand when someone was being serious with me.. same thing in school. even now i still catch myself being this way but i guess ive learned to “hide” it. As an adult i still have these issues , with the exception of bedwetting, but more so routine wise. Like with work, feeling “spacey” or ... idk how to explain it. Not like dissociation per say but like seeing things around me from a distance or.. as if you were running on a couple hrs of sleep? Thats probably a bad example.. mostly that and the feeling of things? Like I don’t like being touched... and i dont like touching certain things or ill straight up cry... it’s just stuff that’s super embarrassing that no “normal” adult deals with and if it isn’t ASD related, I’d just like to figure out SOMETHING. But unfortunately every counselor ive spoken to just says it’s general anxiety , which i have but i feel like it’s deeper than that., idk
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852, Discombobulated, RoxanneToto, SybilMarie

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated