Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Jul 29, 2020 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateyesofgreen View Post
I'm getting wordy. I'll stop now.
I 1000% valued everything you just said - not too many words for me, anyway, lol!

I have had a few Ts who I knew were NOT annoyed with me, were very patient and sweet. My Psych-doc is that way too. I have had a few Ts who, without, question, were annoyed with me. I'm blocking myself from feeling emotions on purpose, I'm deliberately using my coping mechanisms to not take things seriously, I'm not remembering even though I could if I really tried, because it only works if you work it. Etc. I know 'mind reading' isn't advisable, but my parents were totally nuts, and I had to be able to screen out clues VERY well, and tell when they were getting annoyed, or whatever, because that meant I needed to make a swift exit for my own health and safety. Over the years, I've learned that I can make those same judgements, correctly, about other people as well. Interestingly, my youngest child has inherited the ability to read faces without any of the corresponding trauma. If we play poker, she can tell me what cards are in my hand, lol. (No kidding, I won't play poker with her, because she always wins. She'll say, "Oh, you just got an Ace. I fold" and be right!) I can't tell what people are going to do, or what they're thinking, but I can tell if they're getting annoyed, impatient, or angry, and I typically respond with either flee or fawn, lol.
I just don't know what to do about asking people to listen. I don't even know what I would say if I asked someone to listen. I don't think I have anything TO say, I just feel terrible, and what can anyone do about that other than listen and feel bad for me? And that just makes them feel terrible too! I don't want to be the Johnny Appleseed of misery, so I just keep it to myself.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote