View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2020 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Yes, I can see how this would be tough. I've never gotten 2 1/2 hours worth of any mental health professional's time! But I can certainly appreciate how having to dredge up all of that old stuff... especially with a new therapist during an initial appointment would be really challenging. I have to say I don't know if I could do it. Kudos to you for forging ahead. Hope you begin to feel better about the experience soon.
Thank you. One of my issues, I guess, is just doing what I'm told, so they told me I had to do it, and I just soldiered on. The appointment wasn't supposed to be that long, but apparently I have a lot of issues. T was like, "We're going to start with childhood, then talk about your time in the military, then about your time after the military." And I was like, 'buckle up'
I do feel better now, thanks. Just need a few more days to tamp it all back down, lol. Some of it I've literally never talked about before and there she was, asking these probing questions I had to answer. It was awful. But, over now.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes