Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas cookie View Post
HaveHope, thank you for posting this information. Every thing you described makes sense. It took a life threatening event to change my view on life. I experienced a lot of trauma and felt negative, unhappy etc. After this life threatening event, I woke up one day and realized no more. I cut contact with family bullies, doctors treating me poorly etc. I gained weight and could not lose it. I figured it was intolerance to certain foods, cut back on sugar, and exercised. I dropped almost 50 pounds. I'm working on dealing with certain situations; fearful, anxious with doctors.
The life threatening event made me realize I have strength. People make insensitive remarks about the event; it use to hurt. I would literally experience a meltdown when I arrived home. My feelings have changed to how dare you, screw you, I did something right- I'm alive. My internal talk-I do not say it out loud to insensitive people.
Hugs to you. I'm proud of you! It takes strength to stand up for yourself and to stand up for what you believe and for what's right to you. So kudos to you! And it's awesome you realized how strong you really are.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Christmas cookie