Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2020 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMop View Post
Thank you. You have been a great help this week - I will let you know what I find out with the other stuff you gave me advice on.

I’ve definitely pulled back with my friendliness this week and I already feel better. I never was one to form actual friendships outside of work but I can see that I was expecting a level of friendship within the work relationship itself and that’s just not healthy.

I’m surprised at how much better I already feel about this. Monday I was really sad and today I feel acceptance. Maybe I’m finally learning.

Thank you.
I am glad you are feeling better about it. Boundaries can be very healthy to set. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable at the beginning, but really, truly, boundaries are essential for all forms of relationships.

Let us know how you feel as you continue on with this.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LilyMop