View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Jul 31, 2020 at 04:53 AM

First, I want to say that prazosin has been a HUGE help to me. And it works fast. I used to have nightmares every night. Not necessarily about my traumas, but nightmares. When I started prazosin, they stopped. Boom. I only had them maybe one nightmare, once a week. (I used to have them all night every night, waking up every 15-20 minutes) It's started to become less effective over time, I now have weeks where I get a single nightmare every night, and maybe once a month I have the nightmare marathon night. But it's been a lifesaver for me.
I am also medication resistant and sensitive. Meaning that nothing much works for me as far as depression or anxiety, and I tend to get uncomfortable side effects. I've tried so many meds I don't even remember and am currently taking one that doesn't have much effect but has no side effects, in hopes that eventually it'll build up enough that something positive will happen, lol. Because I'm leery of starting over with a new medication. I know how you feel here.
I am tired of dealing with it every single day. Before I started reaching out for mental health help, I would simply forget it & live in denial. Until it popped back up again, which would be awful. And then I'd fall back into my nice comfortable denial. It's so easy to just put it aside, and rest, and have a nice normal happy life1! ignorance is bliss, right? but - it isn't going to go away, so putting it away is just putting it off for you to deal with later. Maybe you're taking too big a bite out of things? Maybe you can take a break from something big, and just practice dealing with/processing something small? I would FOR SURE tell your T about this feeling. If you do, I bet you'll get a break of at least one session, talking about how you need a break, and why! LOL!!
Sending encouragement. You're not alone.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous328112